Time to kick off autumn with some delicious french toast! Inspired by Mulberry and Prince, a little piece of heaven on earth situated in Cape Town. I decided to spoil my Mom on Mother’s Day with this delicious easy to make banana and cinnamon french toast.
I thought I’d share the recipe with you guys so you can recreate it and enjoy all the deliciousness as much as we did! Let’s get straight into it…
The Toast, fried banana & bacon- serves 1
- Mash your eggs with your banana in a bowl
- Add a dash of cinnamon and three cracks of sea salt then whisk it all together
- Soak your bread in the mixture until it’s fully covered
- Fry it in a frying pan with butter (or whatever frying substitute you prefer)
- Fry a few slices of banana in some butter- I fried about 5-6 slices on the side in the same pan as my french toast
- While this is all going, I popped the streaky bacon in the air fryer until it was crispy and juicy..YUM!
The Jam Glaze- serves 3/4
- Melt a tsp of butter in a sauce pan
- Add 2 heaped tsp of raspberry and pomegranate jam and let it melt
- Add a tbsp or 2 of lemon juice and stir until it starts to boil gently, add more lemon juice if it still tastes too sweet
- Stack 2 slices of french toast on top of each other
- Top with 2 or 3 pieces of streaky bacon
- Add a few fried banana slices on top
- Drizzle with raspberry and pomegranate glaze OR maple syrup
- Sift some icing sugar on top to make it look pretty
- Enjoy! 😉
Looking for more recipes to bring to your table? Have a look at my previous recipe here.
I would LOVE for you guys to share some recipes with me, please leave a link in the comments below!