I just finished making my first ever marshmallow tart for Boxing Day. Last year I made a peppermint crisp tart (which myself and Drn absolutely love) but I wanted to try something different this year.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- A packet of tennis biscuits – crushed
- 3 tablespoons of melted butter
- 100ml of lemon juice
- A tin of condensed milk
- 1 cup of plain double cream yogurt – I like using the woolies one
- 500ml of cream
- 2 cups of marshmallows – I prefer the mini ones else you’ll need to finely chop the big ones
- 1 cup of glacé cherries
Let’s make magic happen:
- Mix your melted butter with your crushed tennis biscuits until it looks like damp sand. Place in a rectangular bowl – or any one you prefer to serve it in. Press until nice and firm.
- Combine condensed milk with lemon juice, beat until it’s nice and thick.
- Fold your yogurt into the condensed milk and lemon juice mixture.
- Whip that cream! Until you’re able to form stiff peaks.
- Mix the marshmallows into the cream.
- Mix the cherries into the condensed milk mixture.
- Gently mix the cream into the condensed milk mixture.
- Pour the final mixture into your serving bowl, over the biscuit base and refrigerate until set. – I’m only taking mine out on Boxing Day (2 days after placing it in the fridge) Also, don’t forget to cover it with cling wrap 😉
A Merry and Blessed Christmas to you all! Xxx