TRESemmé Co-wash has been my go-to for about 2 weeks now. I was lucky enough to receive this product from Rubybox to review before it even launched so I could let you know what my thoughts are.
I decided to start writing this blog post from my very first wash so I could let you know what my first impressions were as well.
As most of you may know I struggle with frizz and fly-aways A LOT and I’m always searching and keen to try products that tame both those struggles in the most convenient way possible.
- I love how soft and smooth my hair feels immediately after washing it.
- It’s a bit weird, not necessarily bad weird but felt quite odd washing my hair with no foam. It made me feel like it wasn’t cleaning my hair.
- It defines my curls a lot and I definitely don’t need to apply a conditioner after using it (obvs).
- It smells amazing, like all their other products, so fresh and clean and the liquid comes out easily.
- Softer, sleeker and shinier hair for sure!
- Free from keratin, dyes and parabens (yaaaaas!)
- Controls frizz for up to 72 hours.
- Tames fly-aways.
- Doesn’t strip your hair from its natural oils, that it so desperately needs to keep it healthy.
- Gently cleanses and nourishes your hair, compared to your normal shampoo.
For some reason, the expert keratin range (in general) causes dandruff on my scalp. I don’t think the product itself is a bad product but I think the marula oil in this range is the cause of it. I might be wrong though but I do notice dandruff after washing my hair with the product. I’d suggest a really good anti-dandruff shampoo once a week and using this one every other wash.